Zero Waste Initiative
We hope to reduce our waste that goes to landfills to zero. Actions we have so far taken to achieve this include :
1) Composting all chaff and coffee grounds from our roasting facility
2) Becoming as paper-less as possible. This includes all our internal reporting, billing, and providing only digital receipts.
3) Using only LED or CFL bulbs in all our facilities
4) Shredding and composting paper we do use at our roasting facility and offices
5) Recycling all cardboard used at our roasting facility and offices
6) Using sturdy, cleanable containers for our wholesale coffee and tea so they may be reused
7) Composting all coffee grounds from all our coffee and tea bars, or providing the grounds to local growers to compost. (bring in 5 gallon pails with your name and phone number on them for us to fill up if interested)
8) Composting all other compostables from our coffee and tea bars and roasting facility
9) Using ceramic cups for done-in guests at all our coffee & tea bars, offering a discount for guests using our tumblers or to-go cups, and using recyclable polystyrene.
10) Providing foodstuffs past their best by or expiration as chicken / animal feed
11) Recycling all recyclables at our Canton Coffee & Tea bar.
12) Recycling all milk jugs from all stores
13) Providing reusable stirrers for guests
14) Partnering with local company to collect and bio-degrade our polystyrene cups